Friday, July 11, 2014

Service with a Smile



So many times I perform my daily tasks with a grimace or a sigh. That’s because I forget whom I serve.  I am not merely serving those around me- who may or may not appreciate, or even notice, what I’m doing.  

Colossians 3:23-24 tells me where my focus should be:  “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.”  


So look past those around you and see the Lord Himself.  Do your service for Him.  He notices and He appreciates all that is done for Him.  He assures us that “…whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to     Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.” (Mark 9:41)  


What a kind and loving God we serve.
Look at His face and catch His smile as you serve Him with a right heart attitude.  
Reflect that in your own countenance. 
We really do serve the best of masters!  

"They looked to Him and were radiant, 
and their faces were not ashamed."
(Psalm 34:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment