Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Fragrance, A Memory

Every time I smell it, I think of her. My mother. The perfume that she wears. For some reason I remember specifically my mom ready to leave for a date with my dad. She was wearing a pretty open weave sweater. It was cream with golden threads woven through it. She also was wearing my favorite necklace, one that my dad bought for her. I thought she was a picture of loveliness. And she smelled like that perfume. She hugged me before she left, and maybe just a little of the perfume stayed on me, because it really impressed me. It was the smell of beauty at that moment. That picture will forever be in my mind.

  Just as perfume lingers in a room after someone leaves, as believers we are a sweet fragrance of Christ.

 2 Corinthians 2:14-15  Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

What do people remember when we leave a room? What aroma of Christ are we leaving behind in people's lives?

I'll never forget the fragrance of my mother's perfume, and I pray that the fragrance of Christ will be unforgettable in the lives of people I'm around.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! Her children shall rise up and call her blessed.

    ReplyDelete